Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Commit your work to the Lord

August 31, 2010
I have spent my morning trying to coordinate my calendars. I have been taking the information from all the separate pieces of paper cluttering my desk and putting it on my computer calendar which will sync to my phone calendar. I am trying to find available dates to plan even more activities! The calendar is starting to look overbooked! As I plan for this upcoming year, I am reminded of the wise words of Proverbs 16. The first 3 verses of chapter sixteen read:

1The plans of the heart belong to man,
but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,
but the LORD weighs the spirit.
3 Commit your work to the LORD,
and your plans will be established.

We use our human thoughts and reasoning to make what we think to be good plans but God has the final say in all things. He sees the big picture. And even more importantly He sees the spirit in which we make our plans and do our work. Commit your work to the Lord. Any work done in faith and accompanied by much prayer will be established according to God’s will.

Heavenly Father,
Help us to plan all our days with prayer that our work would be in accordance with Your will. May all our efforts give You glory. And when we fail miserably, we thank You for Your steadfast love and mercy which offers us forgiveness through the death and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name we pray.
Amen

No comments: